In order to ensure that there is no confusion when making a reservation we follow a very simple booking procedure.
- Upon receipt of an enquiry we respond within 24 hours with either an offer or, in the case of unavailability or unsuitability, a short message to this effect. We always respond - if you do not receive a reply there has been a technical error in communication!
Any further questions will be answered equally as promptly - please don't heistate to send us your queries!
- A deposit is required upon booking and can be paid by either IBAN, PayPal or online Credit Card. To accept an offer, a guest need simply send their acceptance to us by email, including a note of their preferred method of deposit payment.
Please note that there are occasions such as last minute bookings where a deposit is not requested and payment would be in full upon arrival. Such circumstances are individual and would be explained in the original offer.
- When an Acceptance is received the reservation calendars are immediately blocked to secure the booking and the correct details for payment are sent in a return email. For further information on deposit payments please click HERE.
A booking is not considered as firm until receipt of a deposit payment. Unless a prior agreement has been made, the deadline for deposit payment is within 2 weeks of booking.
- A soon as the deposit has been received a full confirmation will be sent by email including important arrival information, rental agreement, copy of the balance invoice, etc, and anything else of note.
- Approximately 2 weeks before arrival we send a further email to our guests to enquire about arrival times and any additional requests such as preferences for the preparation of the apartment, ski hire and so on.
Should you need to cancel or change a reservation, please advise us as soon as possible. In many cases bookings can be re-arranged to accommodate changes in circumstance.
Follow the link for further information on Cancellation Terms and how to obtain Travel Insurance for security in the event of a cancellation.